Unique sludge thickener for efficient thickening of waste activated sludge with over 1000 installations worldwide
Good sludge thickening is required as a prerequisite for the efficient further treatment or dewatering of sewage sludge.
The HUBER disc thickener ROTAMAT®Disc Thickener RoS 2S is a very high performance efficient system for thickening waste activated sludge.
It is a compact and fully enclosed system with very low operational costs, reliable and requires minimal operator attention.
It is designed for smaller sewage treatment plants with capacities with sludge capacities up to 40m3 per hour per unit.
A baffle plate distributes the inflow evenly across the entire filter radius. Sludge liquor collects on the bottom section of the filter disc so that a low hydrostatic pressure develops enhancing sludge liquor drain-off. Flexibly supported plows divide and move the sludge layer on the disc and open up furrows so that water can easily drain through the filter cloth, thus enhancing the filtration effect. At the sludge discharge outlet, a scraper pushes the thickened sludge from the disc. The filter cloth is cleaned by a spray bar so that the solids are washed back into the sludge to ensure the filtrate water is clear.
- As 80 % of the filter surface of the ROTAMAT®Disc Thickener RoS 2S are permanently used, a very compact and small machine design is possible.
- Minimal space requirements for installation
- Ideal as mobile installation
- Easy container installation
- Easy retrofitting
- No need for foundations or service platforms
- Variable inlet and outlet arrangement
- Sludge volume reduction > 85 %
- Typical thickening results > 6 % DR
- Low polymer consumption
- Specific power consumption < 0.03 kWh/m³
- Minimum operator attendance requirements of less than 10 minutes a day
- Wash water demand < 5 % of sludge throughput
- Wash water pressure < 3 bar
- Filtrate water can be used as wash water for the spray bar.
- Typical separation efficiency > 97 %
- Easy and safe to operate
- Throughput, polymer dose and filter rotation speed can be adjusted to optimise the degree of thickening.
- Large inspection openings to facilitate maintenance and inspection
- Encased thickener suitable for the treatment of strong-smelling sludge, protecting operators against harmful spray water aerosols
- Automatic control technology
- Suitable for unattended operation over 24 hours per day
- Reliable operation
- Robust design
- Stainless steel filter cloth for long life
- Slow filter rotation < 5 rpm
- Low maintenance
- No need for lubrication
- Easy access for inspection, maintenance and operation
- Proven in hundreds of installation
Hydroflux HUBER is an Australian business dedicated to providing world leading wastewater technology and processes to Water Authorities and Councils